Symptoms of Elbow Fracture
It may be difficult to distinguish between an elbow sprain or fracture, as the symptoms can be similar. However, some symptoms of elbow fracture include:
- Swelling of either the elbow itself; or in the area above or below the elbow.
- Deformation of the elbow; or any area near the elbow.
- Bruising or redness around the elbow.
- Difficulty moving the elbow through its complete range of motion.
- Numbness or decreased sensation in the forearm, hands or fingers.
- Severe pain.
Dr. Eastwood will order x-rays, or alternate forms of imaging, to help make an accurate diagnosis and prepare a treatment plan.