Meet Beth Ashe, PA-C
Beth Ashe is a physician assistant serving Wytheville, VA, and surrounding communities at Sideline Orthopedics and Sports Medicine. Her special orthopedic interests include sports medicine, total joints, and fractures, which are areas she has practiced in for 12 years.
If you ask Beth why she chose a career in orthopedics, she would say that she did not choose a career in Orthopedics but rather Orthopedics chose her. She wanted to stay in the NRV once she graduated from college and orthopedics was the only job available. She joined a surgeon who took the time to teach her and she fell in love with orthopedics. She finds having the ability to “fix” people and make a positive difference in a patient’s activities of daily living to be very uplifting and rewarding.
When she’s not in the office, Beth enjoys spending time with her children, Brittany and Taylor, along with her large, extended family. She also enjoys spending time outdoors: traveling, cycling, and hiking are a few of her favorite activities.
“Seeing injured athletes get back on their feet and excelling in their sport is very exciting and memorable.”
Academic Affiliations and Honors
- Graduated summa cum laude in 2002 from Jefferson College of Health Sciences, Physician Assistant Program
- President’s List: Jefferson College of Health Sciences, Physician Assistant Program
- Graduated summa cum laude 1988 VHCC Drafting and Design
- President’s List: VHCC, Drafting and Design
- Technical Excellence Award, 1988